For each lock, the current guest code can be deactivated and replaced with a new randomly generated code. This can be used to quickly solve security issues at a property, when a guest password secrecy is compromised, or to prevent a problematic guest from returning.
Before you begin, please note the following:
- The code is replaced with a random code for all the locks related to the reservation
- The new code will have the same availability period as the original code
- Replacing cannot be undone
Step by step:
- Ensure the lock is online with a stable internet connection.
- Sign in to your Guesty account.
- In the top navigation bar, click the diamond icon and select Guesty Locks Manager.
- In the Locks page on the “Linked” tab, click on the relevant lock.
- Scroll down to the "Currently staying" section.
- Next to "Guest Code", click the refresh icon.
- In the "Replace guest code?" pop-up, click Yes.
- After a few minutes, refresh the page to see the new code.