This content is relevant for the Vrbo Upgraded Connection. If you are on the Standard Connection, see articles here. If you are not sure which connection you are on, see here.
1. Connect Your Vrbo Account and Create Settings
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty For Hosts account.
- In the top menu, click Menu.
- Under "Channel manager", click Vrbo.
- Cick Get Started.
- Select yes or no to answer: "Do you already have a Vrbo account?"
- At the top right, click Next.
- On the next screen, fill in the relevant account settings. Learn more about each setting here.
- At the top right, click Next.
- On the next screen, fill in the relevant booking settings. Learn more about each setting here.
- On the next screen, wait for your listings to load.
- Select the listings you wish to publish to Vrbo.
- Users with existing Vrbo listings: Guesty For Hosts will link to your existing listings in Vrbo. When switching to a direct connection with Guesty from Vrbo or another channel manager, all existing listings in your Vrbo portfolio must be linked to and managed by Guesty
- Click Publish and continue.
If there is an issue with a listing that needs to be addressed before publishing to Vrbo, you will be notified as follows:
- Listing does not meet Vrbo's requirements. Click the listing to reveal further information.
- Listing is already connected to Vrbo under a different account. You must first disconnect the listing in Vrbo to connect to this account.
2. Set Up Your Payment Processor
- Collect payments automatically via Stripe
- Click Connect Stripe Account.
- Click Connect new Stripe account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Collect payments manually via Bill me (Invoice Payment)
- Read the pop-up warning and click Continue.
If you choose Stripe, the step of connecting your Stripe account until a later time, but it must be connected before your listings go live on Vrbo.
3. Complete Your Vrbo Onboarding
- Complete Vrbo's Step by Step Onboarding Form. Vrbo will guide you through the process.
- Under "Add another email address to your Vrbo account":
- Copy the Guesty For Hosts guest communication email.
- Add it to your Vrbo account settings as "Email 2".
- Click the tickbox "I've completed these steps."
- At the top right, click Confirm.
- An Onboarding Specialist from Vrbo will contact you within 3 working days to match each active Vrbo listing. You must be responsive to Vrbo's communication! If unresponsive, the process will be canceled by Vrbo automatically after 5 days.
- If you receive any error messages, please contact Vrbo's support team.
- Vrbo might ask for your Guesty Advertiser ID which you can find here.
- Vrbo may require a Property License or Registration Number depending on your jurisdiction.
- The Property License info cannot be added in Guesty For Hosts, it is mandatory to enter on the Vrbo dashboard.
- This information can be added once the listing is connected and exists on Vrbo. Until added, the listing will not be active. See Vrbo's instructions here.
When you start the onboarding process, Vrbo will disable your listings to avoid double bookings while the integration is pending (24 hours to 3 days). If you have a Vrbo-Airbnb iCal sync established, Vrbo's disabling of the listings will cause your iCal sync to stop.
- Once the connection has been successfully activated, your account and listings will switch from "Pending" to "Connected" in Guesty For Hosts. If your properties are stuck in "Pending" for more than 3 days, please contact us.
Once you receive email notification from Vrbo that your upgraded connection to Guesty For Hosts is activated, syncing will start immediately. However, it can take up to 24 hours for the status to be updated to "Connected" in Guesty For Hosts.