As of Sep 30, 2023, Airbnb will be retiring their email alias feature. See further details from Airbnb here. After this date you can continue to communicate with guests via Airbnb messaging from the Guesty For Hosts Unified Inbox. Please ensure that your Airbnb automated messages are set to be sent by channel platform, not by email.
- If a platform message is in "Paused" status, it could mean that when you first connected Airbnb to Guesty For Hosts, you did not give permission for messaging in Airbnb. You can disconnect and reconnect your Airbnb account on the desktop app. (If you reconnect on the mobile app the issue may happen again.)
- If a platform message shows as "Sent" but does not appear in your Inbox, this indicates that it was sent by email instead of channel platform because the listing is not properly connected. Follow these steps to check your connection.
- The message template "Subject" field is blank. Follow the steps here to update the template.
- The message was paused manually by a user. Follow the steps here to unpause and reschedule the message.
- The message was paused automatically due to a missing guest email address. This can happen if you are not set up for Airbnb to send guest email addresses to Guesty For Hosts.
- SMS Text message