As of Sep 30, 2023, Airbnb retired their email alias feature. See further details from Airbnb here. After this date you can continue to communicate with guests via Airbnb messaging from the Guesty For Hosts Unified Inbox. Please ensure that your Airbnb automated messages are set to be sent by channel platform, not by email.
Once you've updated your Airbnb automated message rules to be sent via platform, this will be applied for all future messages and no further action is needed.
If there is a past email message that is paused, in order to resend it you must first add the guest's direct email address to the reservation details. Follow the steps below.
Step by step:
- Sign in to your Guesty For Hosts account.
- In the top menu, click Calendar.
- Click the relevant reservation.
- Under "Contact Details" next to email, click Edit.
- Enter the guest's direct email address, click Save.
- Under "Automated Messages", scroll to the relevant message.
- Verify the message is in "Paused" status.
- Click See Details.
- Click Reschedule on [X date] or Send Now.
If you unpause a message without adding an email address, the message will continue to fail to send and go back to Pause status until an email is added.