Reservations made prior to the upgraded connection will remain in Guesty For Hosts. The related guest conversation threads will also remain in the Unified Inbox. Going forward on the upgraded connection, the guest conversations for pre-existing reservations will be separated into two threads:
- Standard Connection: Messages sent prior to the upgraded connection, for viewing only.
- Upgraded Connection: Active conversation thread for all new messages sent after the upgraded connection.
Access the Inbox by navigating to Messaging > Unified Inbox. See below illustrations of the differences you will see in the Inbox.
Upgraded Connection Inbox improvements include: the guest full name; the first line of the message; "unread" indication; and the ability to attach images.
Default Display: Recent Messages
- Upgraded Connection conversation thread - CLICK TO SEND GUEST MESSAGE
- Shows guest full name
- Green dot indicates "unread" message
- Shows first line of the message
- Shows Vrbo account nickname
- Standard Connection conversation thread - CLICK TO VIEW HISTORY, DO NOT SEND
- "Standard Connection" indication
- Shows guest first name + last initial only
- No "unread" indication
- Does not show message content
- Shows Vrbo account host name
Sort by Channel
When you click the arrow next to "Recent Messages", the Inbox expands to show messages per channel. For Vrbo:
- Click Standard Connection to view past messages
- Click Upgraded Connection to view and send new messages to guests