The same standard and custom tags can be used used in Cleaning Reminders.
Tags allow you to personalize your message to each guest by using their first and/or last name, their check-in date, number of guests, etc.
You can also use tags for data that varies among listings, like Wifi codes or key access instructions, for more efficient template management. Instead of creating a different template for each listing, you can create one template and use tags that will be replaced by the data for a specific reservation when the automated message is sent.
Guesty For Hosts provides a list of standard tags. Additionally, you can create custom tags as needed for your templates. Follow the steps below.
Create a Custom Tag
Step by step:
1. Check For Standard Tag
- Sign in to your Guesty For Hosts account.
- At the top, click Messaging.
- Click Message Templates.
- Click Create New Template
- Click More Tags to view all standard tags. If a standard tag is available, there is no need to create a custom tag.
- If the tag doesn't exist, exit out of the template and continue below.
Payout tags have been added including "Host Payout" and Accommodation Fee". Click More Tags and scroll down to view the full list of standard tags.
2. Create New Custom Tag
- Navigate to Messaging > Message Templates > Custom Tags.
- At the bottom, click in the text box "Add new custom tag".
- Enter a name for the tag, e.g. "Lockbox code".
- On the next screen, enter the variable for each listing, e.g. "123456" for the lockbox code for Listing A.
- If you do not have a variable for a listing, simply leave it empty. We will remove the tag from the automated message for that listing.
- Click Save.
See the example below for how tags appear within a template.
Use Tags in a Message Template
As you're composing your message, simply click on a tag to place it within the content. See example below using both standard and custom tags.
- Click More Tags to use additional standard tags.
- Click Add Custom Tags to use your own tags.
- Click Add Guest Form to use data collected from the guest, like arrival time. See here for information on creating a guest form.