Once you've created message templates, create automation rules to send the messages directly to guests. Message automations are based on one of the following triggers: check-in, check-out, or confirmation. You can control the timing of the message to be sent on, before, or after each trigger, and create multiple rules around these triggers.
For example, here are two different rules using the check-in trigger:
- Three days before check-in: message with check-in instructions
- One day after check-in: message touching base and checking that all is well
Create a New Automation Rule
- Sign in to Guesty For Hosts.
- Click Messaging.
- Click Automated Messaging.
- Click Scheduled Messages.
- Click Schedule New Message.
- Fill out the automation rules for each of the sections detailed below.
- Click Confirm to activate the rule.
Automation Rule Details
Message Type (How to Send)
- Select the message type to send:
- Platform message (Airbnb, Vrbo, and Booking.com)
- Email (sent from your account email address selected)
- SMS text message (sent from a generic number)
Time sent is based on the listing's local time.
Select a trigger for your automation:
- New Reservation
Select the timing for the message to be sent out. This varies by trigger:
- New Reservation: Send on the day the reservation was made, or a selected number of days after.
- Check-in: Send on the day of check-in, a selected number of days before, or a selected number of days after.
- Check-out: Send on the day of check-out, a selected number of days before, or a selected number of days after.
Set the sending time
- New Reservation: Send immediately or a selected number of hours after.
- Check-in or Check-out: Set an exact time to be sent, based on the listing's local time.
Use Advances Settings to further control how and when your guest messages are sent. See here for more information.
- Select all, or one or more specific listings for this automation rule.
- If you import a new listing into Guesty For Hosts at a later point, you must edit the automation rule to include it.
Keep in mind that if you include all listings, you can still use tags in message templates for variables like check-in instructions and Wifi password.
- Select the message template to use with this automation rule. While it is recommended to create message templates before automation rules, you have the option to click Add New Template and create one at this step.
- Before activating the automation message rule, you have the option to:
- Go back and edit the details by clicking on the section tabs.
- Review current reservations for this rule, and choose to cancel the automated message.
For example: you send check-in instructions 5 days before check-in and have already sent a message to the listed reservations. You can exclude those guests from upcoming messages to avoid duplicated communication.
Once you've reviewed the summary, click Confirm to activate the rule.